Bell's Zucchini Squash Casserole
Submitted by Wendi Dellemonico
When your summer garden is overflowing with zucchini, make casserole! This creamy casserole is a great way to sneak veggies onto a kid's plate (or an adult's)!
Serving size: 6 - 8 servings
|6oz.||Bell's Traditional Stuffing|
|2 lbs.||Summer squash and/or zucchini, sliced|
|1/4 cup||Onion, chopped|
|1 can||Cream of chicken soup|
|1 cup||Carrots, shredded|
|1/4 cup||Butter, melted|
- Cook squash and onions in boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain well. Set aside.
- Combine soup, sour cream, and carrots in a separate bowl.
- Gently fold into the squash/onion mixture.
- In a separate bowl, mix stuffing with melted butter.
- Butter a 2-quart casserole or 8x8 pan. Spread half of the stuffing mix in the bottom of the dish. Add squash mixture.
- Top the casserole with the remaining stuffing.
- Bake at 350F for 25-30 minutes.