Bell’s Stuffed Peppers
Submitted by Anna Snell
Quinoa and ground turkey make for a healthy twist on this retro classic. Choose different bell pepper varieties for a colorful dish that's great as a main course or a self-contained side dish!
Serving size: 6 servings
|1 tbsp||Bell's seasoning|
|6||Large bell peppers (any color)|
|1 Cup||Quinoa, rinsed and drained|
|1 lb||Ground turkey|
|1||Small onion, diced|
|1 Cup||Shredded cheddar cheese|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a deep baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Mix quinoa and water together in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until quinoa is tender and water is absorbed. (About 15 min.)
- Remove and discard tops, seeds, and membranes of the bell peppers. Arrange peppers in the prepared baking dish with the hollow sides facing upwards.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook onion until fragrant and slightly translucent, 5 to 7 minutes. Add ground turkey and cook until evenly browned.
- Stir quinoa into turkey mixture. Season with Bell's Seasoning. Fill bell peppers with quinoa-turkey mixture. Place peppers in prepared baking dish. Cover dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven until bell peppers are slightly tender, about 18 minutes.
- Remove aluminum foil cover; sprinkle on the shredded cheddar cheese.