Bell's Holiday Stuffing
Submitted by Karen Thistle
A simple holiday classic that's guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser. Try the Yankee Magazine Recipe Contest winner with Macintosh or Cortland apples for best results.
Stuffs a 12-15 lb bird
|12oz.||Bell's Traditional Stuffing|
|3/4 cup||Onions, chopped|
|3/4 cup||Celery, minced|
|1 can||Condensed chicken broth|
|1 cup||Apples, chopped|
|1 cup||Walnuts, finely crushed|
|1/2 cup||Cranberries, chopped|
- In a large bowl, combine the stuffing, apples, walnuts, cranberries, and honey.
- In a saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter.
- Add onions and celery.
- Cook until soft, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken broth. Bring to a boil.
- Add stuffing to mixture in bowl and blend with a fork.
- If a more moist stuffing is desired, add water to desired consistency.
- Carefully stuff the cavity of a 12-15 lbs. bird.
- Cook stuffed bird according to directions on poultry packaging.