Bell's Sausage Stuffing
Submitted by Deborah Napsey
Sausage and apples add a new layer to classic holiday stuffing. This award-winning recipe claimed first prize in the Yankee Magazine recipe contest and will win the hearts of everyone you serve it to.
Serving size: 10 servings
|12oz.||Bell's Traditional Stuffing|
|3/4 cup||Onion, chopped|
|3/4 cup||Celery, chopped|
|1 roll||Pork sausage|
|1/4 cup||Butter or margarine, melted|
|2 cups||Apples, chopped and peeled|
|1 1/2 cups||Apple juice|
|1/4 cup||Dry white wine|
- Melt butter in a large skillet, over medium heat.
- Sauté chopped onion for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped celery. Sauté 5 minutes.
- Add thawed pork sausage and scramble with the vegetables for 10 minutes.
- Pour in apple juice, wine, raisins, and apples. Heat through.
- In a large bowl, combine 2 packages of Bell's Stuffing Mix with the above mixture.
- Stir with a fork to blend well.
- Pack lightly in the cavity just before roasting. Stuffs up to a 15 lb. bird. Stuffing may also be baked in a covered casserole dish at 350°F for 30-40 minutes.