Pan-Roasted Fish Fillets with Bell's Crispy Onion Crust
Submitted by Virginia Seabolt
Bell’s All-Natural Crispy Fried Onions are the perfect flavorful crust to a quick weeknight meal. Opt to serve over caramelized lemon slices for a delicious combination of seafood, onion and citrus flavors.
Serving size: 2
|2||5-6 oz. Fish fillets|
|1 cup||Bell's All-Natural Crispy Fried Onions|
|2 tbsp.||Extra virgin olive oil|
|Ground black pepper|
- Pat fish fillets dry with paper towels then them season with salt and pepper.
- Place flour onto a plate and beat egg in a small bowl.
- Pour Bell’s Crispy Fried Onions into a zip lock bag, seal, and crush. Pour crushed onions onto a second plate.
- Coat fish with flour, dip into egg, cover well with crushed fried onions.
- Place coated fish on pan lined with parchment paper or tin foil.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat then add butter to pan.
- Add fish fillets and cook for approximately 3 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Carefully remove fish using a flexible spatula and serve with lemon wedge or tartar sauce.
- For added lemon flavor, when fish is done place thinly sliced lemon wheels in hot pan. Cook lemon on both sides until slightly caramelized. Arrange lemons in a row on plate and serve breaded fish on top of grilled lemons.
Invite the crew over for a home-cooked meal