Bell’s Ultimate Roast Turkey
Submitted by Sarah Page
What’s our secret to moist, delicious turkey? Bell’s Seasoning Butter! It’s a luscious combination of salted butter and our classic Bell’s Seasoning. Spread it under and over the skin of your turkey to create a bird that bastes itself.
Serving size: 8-10 servings
|¼ lb.||Salted butter, softened|
|4 tsp.||Bell’s Seasoning, divided plus more for seasoning turkey|
|2 tsp.||Kosher salt, divided|
|2 tsp.||Ground black pepper, divided|
|12-15 lb.||Fresh whole turkey or frozen whole turkey, thawed|
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine softened butter with 2 teaspoons Bell’s Seasoning, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper in small bowl; set aside. Liberally season outside of the turkey with 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Starting at neck opening, gently loosen skin on turkey and evenly spread 2/3 of the butter mixture under skin.
- Toss apple and onion wedges with remaining 2 teaspoons of Bell’s Seasoning and remaining salt and pepper. Stuff all but one apple into the cavity. Stuff remaining apple into the neck cavity. Tie legs together with kitchen string.
- Arrange turkey, breast side up, in large shallow roasting pan with rack; rub remaining butter mixture over outside of turkey. Sprinkle additional Bell’s Seasoning evenly over the top of the turkey.
- Roast for 10 minutes per pound, basting occasionally with pan juices, until thermometer inserted in thickest part of the thigh reaches 165°and skin is browned and crispy. Let stand covered loosely with foil 30 minutes before carving.